Police probing Fortrose Academy 'bomb scare' hoax call 'following positive line of enquiry'
POLICE probing a malicious hoax call that sparked the evacuation of a Ross-shire secondary school last month are following "a positive line of enquiry".
Fortrose Academy was evacuated on the morning of October 30 after a threatening call sparked the precautionary move pending police investigation.
As parents scrambled for information, speculation of a bomb hoax circulated widely as pupils and staff made their way to the nearby community centre.
The school was deemed safe by the late afternoon and was reopened the next day with staff taking time to talk to pupils about the incident.
At the time, police confirmed they had received a report of a threat made against the school and said later they were seeking more information about a suspected malicious caller.
A police spokeswoman said today that officers are "following " positive line of enquiry" over the incident.
In the aftermath of the incident, acting head teacher Jacquie Ross wrote to parents noting that a prepared evacuation plan had worked well, thanking High Life Highland for providing space and communication facilities to help co-ordinate a response with various agencies and bus companies. She also thanked police for their swift response.